Okay, so technically Space Ghost Coast to Coast isn’t exactly an animated comedy – I suppose it could be better described as an animated chat show with real guests... who appear on monitors... in space... and are interviewed by a superhero and some aliens. If you’re not American, the chances are that you never saw Space Ghost and his chums confound and confuse their celebrity guests. But it was the supporting cast of Moltar (an evil director) and Lokar (a mantis with designs on taking over the universe). It all sounds very stupid, but that doesn’t come close. The show was chaotic, made little sense and was great late-night with a smoke entertainment. Check out some of these clips and you’ll see what I mean.Saturday, 13 November 2010
Top 10 animated comedies of all time (that you probably haven’t seen). Number 8: Space Ghost Coast to Coast
Okay, so technically Space Ghost Coast to Coast isn’t exactly an animated comedy – I suppose it could be better described as an animated chat show with real guests... who appear on monitors... in space... and are interviewed by a superhero and some aliens. If you’re not American, the chances are that you never saw Space Ghost and his chums confound and confuse their celebrity guests. But it was the supporting cast of Moltar (an evil director) and Lokar (a mantis with designs on taking over the universe). It all sounds very stupid, but that doesn’t come close. The show was chaotic, made little sense and was great late-night with a smoke entertainment. Check out some of these clips and you’ll see what I mean.
Labels:
animation,
Bjork,
Cartoon Network,
Pavement,
Radiohead,
Space Ghost,
top 10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Space Ghost always left me cold. My fault for watching it sober, I guess ;)
ReplyDeleteIt's a shame the list is for animated *comedies*, since Afro Samurai needs more love...maybe I'll rewatch it this weekend and do a review...